Now you can receive mobile coupons in the Target iPhone app! Savings are just a tap away.
To get started, navigate to Deals & Coupons in the app and tap 'Mobile Coupons.'
If you already receive Target Mobile Coupons via SMS, you may sign up again in the app. Afterwards, your offers will automatically appear in the mobile coupons section of the app, and you will no longer receive a text message when a new coupon is available. If you wish to continue receiving text messages to view mobile coupons, you don't need to sign up again in the app.
Tap the red button that says 'get mobile coupons.' You must have a mobile phone capable of receiving text messages, or you must have access to one.
After you tap 'sign up' you will receive a text message to the mobile phone number you entered.
- If you are using an iPhone to sign up, tap the link in the text message.
- If you are using an iPod Touch to sign up, use the confirmation code listed in the text message.
New Mobile Coupons will arrive in the app automatically every couple of weeks. Old coupons will expire and disappear automatically.
You can use the same phone number to sign up for mobile coupons on up to 4 devices. These devices will all share the same coupon, so redeeming an offer on one device will use up that offer on all devices. For coupons with multiple offers, all unredeemed offers will still be available. If you sign up with the same phone number on 5 or more devices, the first device(s) you activated will no longer receive mobile coupons.
Navigate to mobile coupons in the Target app. Locate the coupon you wish to redeem, and present the barcode to the cashier after all items in your basket have been scanned. Your savings will be deducted from the total. Any offers you did not redeem can be used on future visits until the coupon expires.
add to passbook:
If you are using iOS 6 or higher, you can add mobile coupons to Apple's Passbook. To add a coupon to Passbook, tap the 'add to passbook' button on the coupon. Once a coupon is added, the 'add to passbook' button will no longer be available. If the pass is deleted from Passbook, the button will reappear.
redeem in Passbook:
Open the Passbook app and locate the Target pass you wish to redeem. Present the barcode to the cashier after all items have been scanned. Your savings will be deducted from you total. Any offers you did not redeem can be redeemed on future visits until the coupon expires.
manage target passes in Passbook:
Apple's Passbook does not automatically remove or update old or expired passes. If you choose to store your Target mobile coupons in Passbook, you will need to delete expired Target passes manually. When new mobile coupons are available in the Target app, you will need to add them to Passbook. If you try to use an expired Target pass at the checkout, the cash register will say 'invalid' and no savings will be applied. Tap on 'balance Passbook' to remove outdated coupons.
didn't receive a text message?
Within a minute or two of completing your sign-up, you should receive a text message from Target's short-code, 827-438. If you do not, one of the following may have happened:
- You may have entered the wrong number during sign-up. You can go back to the Step 1 screen, review your information for accuracy, and try to sign up again. You can also delete the app, re-install from the App Store, and try again.
- Your mobile carrier may not allow text messages to or from short codes. Small regional carriers, especially, may block this feature. Contact your carrier for more information.
- Your mobile contract may not allow you to receive text messages from short-codes. Contact your carrier for more information. If your carrier can update your contract to allow you to receive text messages from short-codes, you can go back to the Step 1 Sign-Up screen and re-submit your information. Or, you can delete the app, re-install from the App Store, and try again.
If you have tried re-submitting your information, re-installing the app, and have checked with your carrier, but still do not receive a text message to complete your sign-up, email Target Guest Relations at guest.relations@Target.com. In your email, be sure to include the mobile phone number you used to sign up, and your mobile carrier.
couldn't tap the link in the text message?
If you are using an iPhone to sign up, you must use the same mobile phone number as the phone on which you wish to receive coupons. After completing sign-up, you should receive a text message from 827-438 that says,
'Target Mobile Coupons are just a tap away! Follow the link in the next 24hrs to confirm your sign up. target://coupons?activate=#### Msg&data rates may apply'
The link in the text message should be blue, as it is above. Tap the link in the text message to activate your subscription. This should take you back into the mobile coupons section of the Target iPhone app, and your first coupon should load.
If the link in the text message is not blue, you may need to delete the Target app from your phone, re-install, and try to sign up again for mobile coupons.
coupons don't load after tapping the link (or entering the code)?
If you do not see any coupons in the app after activating your sign-up using the link (or code) in the text message, try closing your app and re-launching. To do this:
- Press the Home button (the round button below the screen).
- Then, double-click the Home button. You should see the last 4 apps you used at the bottom of the screen, including the Target app. (You may need to swipe left or right to find the Target app icon.)
- Long-press on the Target app icon. Your apps will start to shake, and you will see a red circle with a white line on the left corner of the Target app.
- Tap the red circle to terminate the Target app.
- Press the Home button to stop the apps from shaking, and press again to view your Home screen.
- Locate your Target app icon and re-launch the app.
After closing and re-launching the app, you should see a coupon. If you see a sign-up screen when you navigate to mobile coupons, your sign-up is not yet complete. Complete the sign-up process to load a coupon.
the barcode wouldn't scan at checkout?
If the cashier is not able to scan the barcode on your Target mobile coupon, present the number above the barcode to the cashier to he/she can key it in manually.
If you are using the Passbook pass during checkout, and the cashier is not able to scan the barcode, you can turn over the pass to reveal the barcode number. Tap the 'i' on the pass to turn it over, and present the number to the cashier so he/she can key it in manually.
If the barcode does not scan and the barcode number does not apply the savings, contact Target Guest Relations at guest.relations@Target.com. In your email, be sure to include the mobile phone number you used to sign up for mobile coupons, your mobile carrier, the offer you tried to redeem, the item(s) you purchased as part of the offer, and the transaction number on your receipt.
don't have an SMS plan?
You may use another mobile phone number during Step 1 of the sign-up process. To do this:
- When that phone receives the text message, have the owner of the phone send you the content of the text message in an email.
- When you receive the email that contains the text message, tap on the link.
If you do not have access to another phone with an SMS plan, don't worry. We are actively exploring additional options to ensure that all of our iPhone app users can receive the same great deals.
how do i delete the app and re-install?
Deleting and re-installing will 'reset' your app and allow you to try the sign-up process again. To do this:
- Locate the Target app on your Home screen, and long-press the icon for 2 seconds. Your apps will start to shake, and you will see an X on the upper left corner of the Target app.
- Tap the X. You will be asked to confirm that you want to delete the Target app; tap 'Delete.'
- Press the Home button (the round button below the screen).
- Locate the App Store icon, and tap it to open the App Store.
- In the App Store, search for 'Target.'
- In the search results, locate the Target app, and tap 'install.'
- Once the app has been re-installed, try the mobile coupon sign-up process again.
still having trouble
If you have additional questions, comments, or feedback, email Target Guest Relations at guest.relations@Target.com. In your email, be sure to include the mobile phone number you used to sign up, and your mobile carrier.